Canonical are no longer providing the shipit service, but the Local Community team still gets regular shipments of CDs and we will happily provide them to you for free, or at least in a way that no money changes hands.
- Prepare a self addressed and stamped envelope (2nd Large not 1st class regular) containing a CD jewel case or DVD case, put that in another envelope addressed to:
Suite 3 The Granary
- Just to be entirely clear, you pay postage on the outer envelope (2nd Large not 1st class regular) and on the inner envelope (same stamp) which will come back to you.
- In a few days you will receive a pressed and printed DVD in your case, plus the official printed cardboard DVD wallet.
- If you fail to include the inner envelope or don’t put a stamp on it then you won’t get anything back, if you put a first class stamp on the envelopes then we both get a walk to the post office to collect the item and pay an additional £1.12 – so don’t do that please.
- If you use an excessively large or heavy envelope then we both get a walk to the post office to collect the item and pay an additional £2.51 – so don’t do that please.
This is a totally free service, you just have to pay postage and packing both ways. If you want to get a bunch of CDs to hand out to other people or for an event of some kind then get in touch, if stocks allow we will accommodate these requests. We are currently taking pre-orders for 12.10 and will chuck in a CD or two of 12.04 LTS until we run out.
This is a service from the Ubuntu UK Local Community team for people living in the UK. If you are from outside the UK please contact the LoCo team in your country which you can find here http://loco.ubuntu.com If you have tried that and you still want to have one of our CDs and you can work out how to supply the return envelope with correct postage then we can send you one, but the priority for CDs is for UK addresses.